To read the Bankruptcy Basics Article, for cases filed under the new bankruptcy law (filed after 10/17/05) by the Administrative
Office of United States Court, click here
Bankruptcy Related Articles
- 25 Changes to Personal Bankruptcy Law.
- Harry R. Weber and Joshua Freed. Legal fees pile up in Delta, Northwest Bankruptcies. The Associated Press, March 28, 2006 (from Law.com).
- Nixon, Ron. 1 in 5 subprime loans in trouble, report says. San Diego Union Tribune, Dec. 20, 2006. The Bakersfield, California real estate market is expected
to be the second most foreclosed upon subprime loans with 24.2% of the subprime loans made in the last 2 years are expected
to be forclosed upon. Only Merced, California is expected to have a worse foreclosure rate (25%).
- Big names, big debt: Stars with Money woes. http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/debt/debt_manage_2004/big-names-bid-debt.asp. January 30, 2004.
- Thomas Jefferson's Bankruptcy and His Views on the Banking Institutions.
- Donald Trump sees bankruptcy as a competitive advantage.
- Abraham Lincoln's financial woes and his obstacles to the White House.
- The Compelling Story of Abraham Lincoln.
- The Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln.
Attorney-Drafted Press Releases
- BANKRUPTCY LAW, COMMERCIAL LAW, CONTRACTS, CORPORATION & ENTERPRISE
In re Pomona Valley Med. Group, Inc., No. 04-56334 (9th Cir. January 17, 2007)
An order rejecting physician's contract with bankruptcy
debtor-independent practice association and an order dismissing his complaint in an adversary proceeding against debtor are
affirmed in part, but reversed in part where the bankruptcy court erred in: 1) dismissing a retaliation claim under Federal
Rule of Bankruptcy Procedure 7012; and 2) dismissing a cause of action alleging unfair competition.